Texting is a useful form of communication. You can use it to send quick replies, ask questions, or make plans without taking up too much time. However, sometimes you might find that you need to forward a text message to someone else. That’s easy enough with these 3 easy ways!
What is Text Message Forwarding?
Text message forwarding is a feature that allows you to send and receive text messages from your mobile device on another device, such as your computer or tablet. To use text message forwarding, you need to have an iPhone with iOS 8 or later and at least one other Apple device with iOS 11.2 or later.1
When you set up text message forwarding, the messages that you send and receive on your iPhone will also appear on your other Apple devices. You can even reply to texts from your other devices. And if you have multiple Apple devices, you can choose which ones can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
How to Forward a Text Message on Android
Assuming you would like tips for how to forward a text message on Android, below are a few methods:
1. On most Android phones, you can forward a text message by long-pressing on the message you’d like to forward, selecting the “Forward” option, and choosing your recipients.
2. You can also usually forward texts by opening them, tapping the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen, and selecting “Forward.”
3. If you want to send a text to multiple people without them being able to see each other’s replies, tap the plus sign icon next to the input field, select “New Broadcast,” and add your contacts. Then, just type out your message and hit “Send.”
4. Some Android messaging apps—like Pulse or Handcent Next—offer more robust forwarding options than what stock Android Messages provide. For example, with Handcent Next you can select which messaging app you want to use to send your forwarded message—something that might come in handy if you frequently switch between SMS and instant messaging apps.
How to Forward a Text Message on iPhone
Assuming you want to forward a text message:
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Find the conversation containing the message you want to forward.
3. Tap and hold the message you want to forward until the “Copy/More” menu appears.
4. Tap More.
5. Tap the circle next to the message(s) you want to forward, then tap Forward.
6. Enter a recipient, or tap, then choose a contact or enter a phone number. To send the message as an iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
7. Tap Send.
We hope that our tips have helped you figure out how to forward a text message with ease. Whether you’re forwarding an important work message or sending a funny meme to a friend, being able to do it quickly and easily is always a plus. Do you have any other tips for forwarding text messages? Let us know in the comments below!